Who offers the cheapest.com domain name today? With so many registrars to choose from, how do you know if you’re really getting the cheapest deals?
We did some comparison shopping with over 20 of the top registrars according to Wikipedia. (Wikipedia’s list of top registrars is based on market share data collected from RegistrarStats – eNom’s statistic site.)
So, here are five things to know about some of the deals out there.
1. The largest registrar in the world by market share right now is GoDaddy. They’ve registered over 33 million domain names GoDaddy email login. (The second place registrar is eNom which controls 9 million domains.)
2. GoDaddy also currently has the cheapest sale price for a.com domain name which is $1.99 for one domain name (for the first year only and with the purchase of another non-domain product.) After that, the.com domain reverts back to $10.69 (per domain name per year.)
3. The best regular price for a new.com domain name goes to Wild West Domains (which is the reseller brand for GoDaddy). Website addresses go for $7.29 per.com domain name per year, but this price is only available if you have a Pro Reseller plan which costs $199.99 per year. (Making money online through reselling domain names isn’t for everybody.)
4. So, the best deal on a.com website address for the average person (people who just want their own website address for their site) is $7.99 per website address per year. This regular.com price is currently offered by Cheap-DomainNameRegistration (which is impressive because they’re really just a Wild West Domain reseller. You’ll see what we mean if you visit their site and then visit GoDaddy and WildWestDomains. Recognize the layout and branding? Their profit margin must be pretty slim on a.com domain.)
5. All of these registrars charge $8.99 per domain name per year if you want to protect your privacy when registering domain names. (Otherwise your personal information, address, phone number, email address is posted in the WHOIS database for spammers and other people to look up.)
The search engine giant is often overlooked by business owners who are seeking cheap web hosting but they shouldn’t be. Their small business hosting options are second to none, come free with Yahoo Sitebuilder, and are also under $15.00 per month. Yahoo also has 24/7 support and gives you the comfort of a big name for a little price. The best part is, because you are working with Yahoo, you will get many perks and tips all related to helping your website appear on the mighty search engine at a higher ranking.
Now you could easily go out and spend gobs of money on web hosting and if that is your wish, then by all means do so, but you won’t find better customer service, better reliability, or most of all better prices then you will when you use any of the three previously mentioned