Membership in a gourmet coffee club is a fun experience for people who love gourmet coffee. A great gift to give someone is fresh, roast-to-order specialty coffee delivered to their doorstep each month. A coffee club membership is a wonderful way for coffee lovers to try new coffees from around the world!
For most consumers, the choice of a gourmet coffee club is based upon a few factors such as,
1. Flexibility: Can you choose whole bean coffee or ground? Flavored or unflavored coffees? Regular or decaffeinated? What about a variety of espresso coffees? Are the choices broad enough or is the selection limited by the company?
2. Cost: What is the price for the coffee club member? How does the pricing compare, is it competitive for the same quality and coffee grade? Does the club ship coffee in 12 ounce bags or 16 ounce (1 pound) bags? The bag size does make a difference in the amount of coffee you enjoy and in the effective price per cup.
3. Club policies: Is the refund policy clearly stated on the website and do you understand it before placing your order? Is it possible to place a pending order on hold? What about making changes in the quantity or selection of coffees you receive each month?
4. Freshness: One of the benefits of a coffee club membership is that top quality specialty coffee beans are roasted fresh after you order them online. They are packed and shipped the same day they are roasted. The roasted coffee you get is superior in taste to what you can buy off the shelf at retail chains, supermarkets or other establishments. Why? Coffee sold through retail establishments usually sits on the shelves for weeks and weeks because of the time required from the roasting source to the point of sale.
The frequency and quantity of coffee ordered varies according to each coffee club.
For example, a good alternative to consider is a gourmet coffee club that offers the choice of one (1) full pound, or two (2) one pound bags, or four (4) one pound bags, or five (5) one pound bags of the finest gourmet specialty coffee each month, freshly roasted and delivered directly to your home for one low price, with free shipping. Flexible choices like these meet the needs of the casual coffee drinker as well as satisfy coffee aficionados who drink several cups per day and enjoy trying different coffee selections.
What selections are available from gourmet coffee clubs?
That depends on the online coffee club owners’ imagination and willingness to offer a wide selection of top grade specialty coffees such as the best grade Colombian Supremo, Kenya AA Fancy (not just Kenya AA), Mexican Altura Superior (not merely Mexican Altura), and Sumatra Mandheling Grade # 1 (not merely Sumatra hand drip coffee equipment Mandheling or Sumatran) as well as many other such choices of specialty coffee varietals and blends.
A top quality gourmet coffee club offers specialty coffee selections from sources such as these, for example.
Single origin (varietal) specialty coffee selections from:
1) South America: Colombian Supremo. Brazilian Santos Bourbon. Colombian Supremo Organic. Peruvian Shade Grown Organic (Fair Trade)
2) Central America and Mexico: Costa Rican Tarrazu. Guatemalan Antigua. Panama Boquete. Salvador High Grown Organic. Mexican Altura Superior.
3) East Africa: Ethiopian Longberry Harrar. Kenya Fancy AA. Tanzania Peaberry North Highlands.
4) Indonesia and New Guinea: Java Estate. Sumatra Mandheling Grade #1. Celebes Kalossi Toraja. Papua New Guinea AA Estate.
5) Private Blends Of Specialty Coffee: The Brazil Blend. Custom House Blend (Signature Blend). The Breakfast Blend. French Roast Blend. Mocha-Java Blend. Viennese Blend. Kona Blend. Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend.
6) Espresso Coffee Blends: Classic Italian Espresso. Hearty Spanish Espresso. Smooth Vienna Roast Espresso. Decaffeinated Espresso (Italian)